Insurance Biller with coding knowledge
JOB DESCRIPTION – Essential Duties:
- Basic knowledge of ICD10/CPT coding with understanding of CCI and be able to verify codes are correct
- Insurance Biller will submit insurance billings using UB-04, CMS-1500, electronic billing format.
- Knowledge of ICD10/CPT
- Verify potential patient insurance benefits via telephone and internet sources. Understand and be able to interpret various negotiated insurance contracts and to keep current on any changes.
- Read and understand insurance Explanation of Benefits (EOB).
- Post insurance payments and adjustments to patient’s accounts.
- Solve and resolve questions concerning accounts with particular attention to accounts, which have been paid incorrectly.
- Review monthly insurance aging reports and initiate actions as necessary to resolve old outstanding accounts.
- Answer patient phone inquiries regarding insurance issues.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Math aptitude. Ability to reconcile accounts
- Positive customer service attitude
- Basic skills in Microsoft Windows and EXCEL
- Detail oriented
- Ability to follow through on an issue until resolution is achieved.
Maintain positive work attitude in a teamwork environment.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- One-year coding experience
- Two years of directly related experience.
- Insurance Biller will maintain strict confidentiality of information, both financial and clinical, concerning patients or other debtors.
- Ability to sit at a workstation for extended periods of time.
- Able to be covered under the company’s fidelity bonding policy
CLOSING DATE: Open until position is filled
HOW TO APPLY :
Download Employment Application here »
Please MAIL, FAX or EMAIL your Application, Cover Letter and Resume to:
PO Box 8549,
Coburg, OR 97408
Fax: (541) 284-2873
Please include the job reference # on your application.
• Drug Free Workplace (free of substances of abuse including Cannabis THC).
• Pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check will be required.
• Equal Opportunity Employer.