VOLUNTEER Greeters / Screeners
Help us save lives. Volunteer Now!
Serenity Lane is looking for people of all ages (18+), levels of income and diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds to volunteer as GREETERS / SCREENERS to keep our campus safe and welcoming to our patients while they do the important work of recovery. This position is at our residential campus in Coburg, Oregon.
Our GATE BOOTH is currently staffed from 7am to 7pm every day of the week and we are in need of volunteers to help with this essential function.
Guard booth duties include:
- Opening and closing the gate.
- Greeting visitors with a friendly and warm smile.
- Asking COVID-19 screening questions.
- Taking temperature.
- Maintaining a sanitized screening environment.
- Reporting issues to management.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age and able to pass a background check and drug screening.
- If recovering from a substance use disorder, have at least one year of sobriety.
- Be dependable, reliable and professional.
- Enjoy working with people.
Volunteers will be provided with Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) as well as a letter noting their work as essential personnel should the authorities question their activity away from home, but otherwise will work at their own risk. While this is an unpaid volunteer position, we would be happy to offer job references where applicable.