Thank You for a Great Year
Looking to 2020
Looking back at 2019, we are humbled and deeply grateful. Serenity Lane began in 1973 as a place for alcoholics and addicts to find safety, treatment and recovery. Today, it remains a place of hope and new beginnings, thanks to our dedicated employees, community partners, generous donors and supportive alumni.
Looking Back at 2019
- We welcomed a new CEO, Pete Kerns, whose father was one of the original co-founders of the organization.
- Our hospital unit added twice as many beds for detox, allowing for more daily admits to care.
- A new patient advocate position was added to provide patients with a direct support for navigating their insurance and care planning while in treatment.
- Serenity Lane brought new services, including Medication Assisted Treatment and mental health services to its West 11th outpatient office.
- Serenity Lane’s alumni program continued to grow, adding more meetings and service opportunities, including its new “Spotlight Speaker” series, which brings some of the best voices in recovery in to speak to patients and alumni.
- We launched our hospital services program, embedding a liaison at PeaceHealth Sacred Heart RiverBend and University district to provide direct support to Caregivers, patients and families in need of substance use disorder treatment.
In With the New
Looking ahead, we are eager to grow new partnerships and programs to expand access to those in need of substance use disorder treatment. We are in the process of bringing more services to our outpatient locations, including Medication Assisted Treatment and mental health.
We will begin hosting the Lane County All Provider meeting in January and look forward to the dialogue and collaboration with our community partners.
Our alumni program continues to be a source of hope and inspiration and we are excited to roll out some new initiatives around aftercare and service opportunities. We know that getting sober is just the beginning of a lifelong process and are committed to providing support and resources to help our patients and families build a life in recovery that is rewarding.
Thank you for a great year of new initiatives, growth and changes. We look forward to the year ahead.