1. ZOOM Virtual Meeting Instructions:
Serenity Lane’s telehealth services will provide the same exceptional Intensive Outpatient programing via the Zoom teleconferencing platform. This will include group sessions and meetings with their counselors.
- How it Works: If you have a computer with internet or a smart phone, you can download Zoom and join the meeting using a link or meeting ID provided by your counselor.
- How to Call in: If you do not have internet, a computer or smart phone, there is also a way to call in to the meeting. You will be provided with a call-in number and meeting code. You may use these to join the meeting by phone.
- Common Problems: Make sure the audio on your phone or computer is turned up and your internet is strong enough to establish a connection. Zoom works well on a variety of internet speeds – if your home internet is causing problems, consider using your smart phone, if you have a data plan.
- How to Interact in a Virtual Meeting: Zoom allows you to “start” or “turn off” video – this is controlled by a small camera icon. It also allows you to mute or unmute yourself.
- When joining a meeting please mute yourself and only unmute yourself to talk. Background noises are disruptive, especially when there is a large number of people on the call. Your counselor may also mute all participants and unmute you when you’re called on to share.
- Etiquette and Support: We will be holding some practice sessions and opening meetings 15 minutes early for participants to test their connection and trouble shoot any problems. The counselor will take attendance at the start of the meeting. The same rules for attendance apply to these virtual meetings. Arrive on time to be counted. (DOUG – more on this? Is there a rule about when patients have to show up to be counted?)
- Zoom Tutorial: You can view this zoom tutorial on YouTube if you’d like additional instruction.