Substance abuse costs Oregon business millions of dollars annually due to related absenteeism, tardiness, accidents, sickness and theft. An effective drug-free workplace policy can dramatically reduce many of these problems.
Serenity Lane’s Employer Services offers assistance in the following ways:
- Training supervisors to recognize signs of substance abuse, and develop skills necessary to intervene and communicate about related performance problems.
- Helping employers to appropriately manage issues related to positive urine screens at the work site.
- Assisting supervisors to resolve immediate work site problems through phone consultation with experienced professionals.
- Coordinating FMLA, disability benefits and other job protection programs for qualifying employees.
- Reintegrating employees into the workplace.
- Monitoring engagement of employees involved in “return to work agreements”, through timely documentation. Patient monitoring (Blue Flag Program) is a value added program that tracks mandated clients through the treatment process, and reports monthly on each client’s progress.