RecoveryNOW – Virtual Addiction Treatment from Serenity Lane
Recovery, At Home
Serenity Lane’s RecoveryNOW virtual addiction treatment services provide the same exceptional Intensive Outpatient and level I outpatient programming via the Zoom teleconferencing platform. This will include group sessions and meetings with counselors.
- How it Works: If you have a computer with internet or a smartphone, you can download Zoom and join the meeting using a link or meeting ID provided by your counselor.
- How to Call In: If you do not have internet, a computer or a smartphone, there is also a way to call into the meeting. You will be provided with a call-in number and meeting code. You may use these to join the meeting by phone.
- Common Problems: Make sure the audio on your phone or computer is turned up and your internet is strong enough to establish a connection. Zoom works well on a variety of internet speeds – if your home internet is causing problems, consider using your smartphone, if you have a data plan.
- How to Interact in a Virtual Meeting: Zoom allows you to “start” or “turn off” video – this is controlled by a small camera icon. It also allows you to mute or unmute yourself.
- Etiquette and Support: When joining a meeting please mute yourself and only unmute yourself to talk. Background noises are disruptive, especially when there is a large number of people on the call. Your counselor may also mute all participants and unmute you when you’re called on to share.
- Meeting Before the Meeting: We will be opening meetings 15 minutes early for participants to test their connection and troubleshoot any problems. The counselor will take attendance at the start of the meeting. The same rules for attendance apply to these virtual meetings. Arrive on time to be counted.
- Zoom Tutorial: You can view this zoom tutorial on YouTube if you’d like additional instruction.
Online Outpatient treatment Orientation
This orientation includes all of the information you need to get started in Serenity Lane’s RecoveryNOW virtual addiction treatment program. Please review the Outpatient Handbook and Telehealth Packet in full. Complete pages 2 and 15-19 in the Telehealth Packet and Submit here or email to: email@example.com. If you have any questions, please contact your primary counselor.
Telehealth Informed Consent:
Please review pages 4-5 of the Telehealth Packet carefully and ask your counselor if you have any questions.
Please review the following pages in the Telehealth Packet carefully and ask your counselor if you have any questions.
- Acknowledgment and Consent for Screening, Assessment and Treatment (p.6-7)
- Abstinence Focused/ Medication Assisted Treatment (page 8)
- Notice of Privacy Practices (pages 9-14)
Problems and Goals Form:
This form is to help Serenity Lane make your goals a priority while you are in our care. We want to work with you throughout treatment to create and update a Service Plan that focuses on helping you with problems you are experiencing as a result of substance use, as well as what you wish to accomplish while you are in our care. (page 15 in the Telehealth Packet – fill out and return)
Release of Information (ROI):
A Release of information is a statement signed by you authorizing us to give information about your treatment to others that you identify. The Release of Information Form is the last two pages of this packet. Please fill an ROI out for each person/organization you would like us to share your information with. (Pages 16-17 in the Telehealth Packet – fill out and return)
Patient Medication Reconciliation Record:
At the beginning of treatment, the patient should fill in the rows with their current medication information. (Pages 18 in the Telehealth Packet – fill out and return)
Blue Flag Data Request Form:
Serenity Lane offers a service for patients when employers or other referring agencies need feedback regarding evaluation results and compliance with treatment recommendations or the results of drug screens. This monitoring service is what we refer to as our Blue Flag system. Serenity Lane will only provide this service when the patient requests it and signs an authorization to release information. (Pages 19 in the Telehealth Packet – fill out and return)
Please review the Outpatient Handbook. The following information is included:
- Declaration for Mental Health Treatment opportunity;
- Education regarding Advance Directives;
- Description of individual rights;
- Grievance and Appeals policy review and example Grievance Form;
- Voter Registration opportunity;
- Ways in which input can be given by patient;
- Rules regarding confidentiality;
- Care coordination;
- After-hours hotlines
- Billing questions may be directed to Business Office at 1-800-826-9285
- Telehealth is covered by most insurance
Please review the Outpatient Handbook and Telehealth Packet in full. Complete pages 2 and 15-19 in the Telehealth Packet and SUBMIT the PDF HERE or EMAIL to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please contact your primary counselor.